By Ken Yasukawa
Discover why animals do what they do, according to their genes, physiologies, cultures, traditions, survival and mating merits, and evolutionary histories—and learn the way learning habit within the animal global is helping us comprehend human behavior.
• presents readers with own narratives from the researchers themselves, allowing infrequent insights into how researchers imagine and what drives their studies
• Explains animal habit at the animal's phrases instead of anthropomorphizing its activities as is frequently performed within the renowned press and the media
• features a finished word list of behavioral terms
Read or Download Animal Behavior: How and Why Animals Do the Things They Do [3 volumes]: How and Why Animals Do the Things They Do PDF
Similar zoology books
The editors make the most of their 50 years of mixed adventure in expert engagement with the behaviour and ecology of untamed felids to attract jointly a special community of the world's most beneficial and an expert specialists. For the 1st time, this inter-disciplinary learn programme is introduced jointly inside of a unmarried quantity.
After drawing its first breath, each child mammal turns his or her whole recognition to acquiring milk. This primal act used to be proposal to stem from a easy truth: milk offers the preliminary resource of energy and food for all mammalian younger. however it seems that milk is a way more complex biochemical cocktail and offers advantages past nutrients.
This edited quantity is a well timed and accomplished precis of the recent Zealand lizard fauna. Nestled within the south-west Pacific, New Zealand is a big archipelago that monitors the faunal signatures of either its Gondwanan origins, and newer oceanic island impacts. New Zealand used to be one of many final international locations in the world to be found, and in addition, the total volume of the faunal range current in the archipelago is simply simply transforming into preferred.
Many endangered species of untamed animals are controlled in captivity via studbooks. during this booklet those data-rich assets are mined in cutting edge, built-in and statistically verified how one can maximise info achieve for conservation perform – even if for captive or released/reintroduced or controlled wild populations.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Anatomy and Physiology v. 1
- Animal Models of Acute Neurological Injuries (Contemporary Neuroscience)
- New Directions in Lemur Studies
- Przewalski's Horses in Eurasia: Pluralism in International Reintroduction Biology
Extra resources for Animal Behavior: How and Why Animals Do the Things They Do [3 volumes]: How and Why Animals Do the Things They Do
Animal Behavior: How and Why Animals Do the Things They Do [3 volumes]: How and Why Animals Do the Things They Do by Ken Yasukawa