By Stuart Sumida,Karen L. M Martin
- Integrates smooth systematic tools with reviews of sensible and physiological processes
- Illustrates how reports of paleobiology may be illuminated by way of experiences of neonatology
- Provides a radical and interdisciplinary synthesis of 1 of the vintage transitions of evolutionary history
Read or Download Amniote Origins: Completing the Transition to Land PDF
Best zoology books
The editors make the most of their 50 years of mixed event in expert engagement with the behaviour and ecology of untamed felids to attract jointly a distinct community of the world's most dear and an expert specialists. For the 1st time, this inter-disciplinary examine programme is introduced jointly inside a unmarried quantity.
After drawing its first breath, each child mammal turns his or her entire awareness to acquiring milk. This primal act used to be inspiration to stem from a uncomplicated truth: milk presents the preliminary resource of energy and meals for all mammalian younger. however it seems that milk is a way more complex biochemical cocktail and offers advantages past foodstuff.
This edited quantity is a well timed and accomplished precis of the recent Zealand lizard fauna. Nestled within the south-west Pacific, New Zealand is a huge archipelago that monitors the faunal signatures of either its Gondwanan origins, and newer oceanic island affects. New Zealand used to be one of many final international locations on the earth to be chanced on, and also, the total quantity of the faunal variety current in the archipelago is simply simply growing to be liked.
Many endangered species of untamed animals are controlled in captivity via studbooks. during this ebook those data-rich assets are mined in cutting edge, built-in and statistically established how you can maximise details achieve for conservation perform – even if for captive or released/reintroduced or controlled wild populations.
- Quantifying Functional Biodiversity (SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science)
- Antarctic Ecosystems: An Extreme Environment in a Changing World
- Urban Wildlife Conservation: Theory and Practice
- Horse Sense: The Guide to Horse Care in Australia and New Zealand (Landlinks Press)
- Dendrites: Development and Disease
- Genetic Management of Fragmented Animal and Plant Populations
Extra resources for Amniote Origins: Completing the Transition to Land
Amniote Origins: Completing the Transition to Land by Stuart Sumida,Karen L. M Martin