By Michaela Kusnierikova
Read Online or Download Acting for Others: Trinitarian Communion and Christological Agency (Emerging Scholars) PDF
Similar christian theology books
In God and typical Order: Physics, Philosophy, and Theology, Shaun Henson brings a theological method of endure on modern clinical and philosophical debates at the ordered or disordered nature of the universe. Henson engages arguments for a unified concept of the legislation of nature, an idea with monotheistic metaphysical and theological leanings, along the pluralistic viewpoints set out by way of Nancy Cartwright and different philosophers of technological know-how, who contend that the character of actual truth is intrinsically advanced and irreducible to a unmarried unifying conception.
A thought-provoking comparative tackle seminal thinkers in Christian historyIn this publication -- the 1st quantity within the Kierkegaard as a Christian philosopher sequence -- Lee Barrett bargains a singular comparative interpretation of early church father Augustine and nineteenth-century philosopher-theologian Soren Kierkegaard.
Mild is without doubt one of the such a lot old and demanding metaphors followed by means of Christianity wherein to appreciate the importance of Jesus Christ. The Easter liturgy, for example, is marked through appealing and robust rituals proclaiming Christ because the gentle of the area in his loss of life and resurrection. That realizing built over next centuries right into a greater doctrine of illumination—how Christians come to appreciate and understand God via Christ the sunshine.
The Blessed Virgin Mary is uniquely linked to Catholicism, and the century previous the second one Vatican Council used to be arguably the main fertile period for Catholic Marian reviews. In 1964, Pope Paul VI released the Dogmatic structure at the Church, or Lumen Gentium (LG), the 8th bankruptcy of which provides the main entire magisterial educating at the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Theology in a Social Context: Sociological Theology Volume 1 (Ashgate Contemporary Ecclesiology)
- Marks of Saving Grace: Theological Method and the Doctrine of Assurance in Jonathan Edwards's A Treatise Concerning Religious Affections (Reformed Academic Dissertations)
- Time in Eternity: Pannenberg, Physics, and Eschatology in Creative Mutual Interaction
- Europe After Wyclif (Fordham Series in Medieval Studies)
- Preaching Bondage: John Chrysostom and the Discourse of Slavery in Early Christianity
- Resurrecting Parts: Early Christians on Desire, Reproduction, and Sexual Difference (Routledge Studies in the Early Christian World)
Additional info for Acting for Others: Trinitarian Communion and Christological Agency (Emerging Scholars)
Acting for Others: Trinitarian Communion and Christological Agency (Emerging Scholars) by Michaela Kusnierikova