By Susana Nuccetelli,Ofelia Schutte,Otávio Bueno
- Represents the main entire survey of historic and modern Latin American philosophy to be had today
- Comprises a in particular commissioned selection of essays, a lot of them written by way of Latin American authors
- Examines the historical past of Latin American philosophy and its present concerns, strains the improvement of the self-discipline, and provides biographical sketches of key Latin American thinkers
- Showcases the variety of methods, concerns, and kinds that represent the field
Read or Download A Companion to Latin American Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best modern philosophy books
A set of greater than 30 specifically commissioned essays, this quantity surveys the paintings of the 17th-century philosopher-scientist quite often considered as the founding father of sleek philosophy, whereas integrating precise essays detailing the context and influence of his paintings. Covers the entire variety of historic and philosophical views at the paintings of Descartes Discusses his seminal contributions to our realizing of skepticism, mind-body dualism, self-knowledge, innate rules, substance, causality, God, and the character of animals Explores the philosophical importance of his contributions to arithmetic and technological know-how Concludes with a bit at the impression of Descartes's paintings on next philosophers
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The gathered Works of John Stuart Mill took thirty years to accomplish and is stated because the definitive variation of J. S. Mill and as one of many best works variations ever accomplished. Mill's contributions to philosophy, economics, and background, and within the roles of student, flesh presser and journalist can hardly ever be overstated and this variation is still the single trustworthy model of the complete diversity of Mill's writings.
13 unique essays through prime students discover features of Spinoza's moral conception and, in doing so, deepen our realizing of the richly profitable center of his process. Given its significance to his philosophical pursuits, it really is staggering that his ethics has, till lately, obtained quite little scholarly realization.
- Bewusstes Leben (Kantstudien-Ergänzungshefte) (German Edition)
- A Companion to Kierkegaard (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
- Kant on Love (Kantstudien-Ergänzungshefte)
- Bildung als Kunst: Fichte, Schiller, Humboldt, Nietzsche (German Edition)
- Peirce and the Conduct of Life: Sentiment and Instinct in Ethics and Religion
- "Rasse" und "Züchtung" bei Nietzsche (Monographien und Texte zur Nietzsche-Forschung) (German Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to Latin American Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Latin American Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Susana Nuccetelli,Ofelia Schutte,Otávio Bueno