By Janet Broughton,John Carriero
- Covers the entire diversity of old and philosophical views at the paintings of Descartes
- Discusses his seminal contributions to our realizing of skepticism, mind-body dualism, self-knowledge, innate principles, substance, causality, God, and the character of animals
- Explores the philosophical importance of his contributions to arithmetic and science
- Concludes with a bit at the influence of Descartes's paintings on next philosophers
Read or Download A Companion to Descartes (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar modern philosophy books
A suite of greater than 30 especially commissioned essays, this quantity surveys the paintings of the 17th-century philosopher-scientist generally considered as the founding father of sleek philosophy, whereas integrating specific essays detailing the context and impression of his paintings. Covers the whole variety of historic and philosophical views at the paintings of Descartes Discusses his seminal contributions to our knowing of skepticism, mind-body dualism, self-knowledge, innate rules, substance, causality, God, and the character of animals Explores the philosophical importance of his contributions to arithmetic and technological know-how Concludes with a bit at the effect of Descartes's paintings on next philosophers
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The amassed Works of John Stuart Mill took thirty years to accomplish and is stated because the definitive variation of J. S. Mill and as one of many best works versions ever accomplished. Mill's contributions to philosophy, economics, and heritage, and within the roles of pupil, baby-kisser and journalist can hardly ever be overstated and this version continues to be the one trustworthy model of the total variety of Mill's writings.
13 unique essays via top students discover facets of Spinoza's moral conception and, in doing so, deepen our realizing of the richly worthwhile middle of his procedure. Given its value to his philosophical objectives, it really is amazing that his ethics has, until eventually lately, acquired quite little scholarly consciousness.
- Nietzsche's Culture of Humanity: Beyond Aristocracy and Democracy in the Early Period
- Imagination: Volume 45 (Muirhead Library of Philosophy)
- Twentieth-Century Multiplicity (American Thought and Culture)
- Kant on Love (Kantstudien-Ergänzungshefte)
Additional info for A Companion to Descartes (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Descartes (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Janet Broughton,John Carriero