By John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch
Reviews key parts in ecological, scientific and molecular parasitology
- Features essays from the various world's leading parasitologists
- Each subject is decided in context by way of that includes a key paper from the magazine of Paraistology during the last a hundred years
Read or Download A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 PDF
Best zoology books
The editors make the most of their 50 years of mixed adventure in specialist engagement with the behaviour and ecology of untamed felids to attract jointly a distinct community of the world's most beneficial and an expert specialists. For the 1st time, this inter-disciplinary learn programme is introduced jointly inside of a unmarried quantity.
After drawing its first breath, each baby mammal turns his or her entire recognition to acquiring milk. This primal act was inspiration to stem from a uncomplicated truth: milk offers the preliminary resource of energy and meals for all mammalian younger. however it seems that milk is a way more advanced biochemical cocktail and gives advantages past foodstuff.
This edited quantity is a well timed and accomplished precis of the hot Zealand lizard fauna. Nestled within the south-west Pacific, New Zealand is a big archipelago that screens the faunal signatures of either its Gondwanan origins, and newer oceanic island impacts. New Zealand was once one of many final international locations in the world to be chanced on, and also, the whole volume of the faunal variety current in the archipelago is simply simply growing to be favored.
Many endangered species of untamed animals are controlled in captivity via studbooks. during this ebook those data-rich assets are mined in cutting edge, built-in and statistically demonstrated how you can maximise info achieve for conservation perform – even if for captive or released/reintroduced or controlled wild populations.
- A New World of Animals: Early Modern Europeans on the Creatures of Iberian America
- Dust Explosions in the Process Industries: Identification, Assessment and Control of Dust Hazards
- Field Guide to Animal Tracks and Scat of California (California Natural History Guides)
- Verhaltensbiologie (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Epstein Barr Virus Volume 2: One Herpes Virus: Many Diseases (Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology)
Extra info for A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014
A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 by John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch